I have been busy this week and participating in the seven days blogging festival has been quite a challenge, especially because I jumped in without any preparation.
Since I can’t think of any topic to write and I must post something, let me write the seven things that keep me busy on a normal day :
1. Books – I have recently taken membership with Dubai Library. So I am busy reading books. The travelling time from home to office and back to home, is the only time I get to read. Depending on the mode of transport (office cab or bus) and the traffic, I get 10 -25 minutes reading time per travel each day.
2. Work – My hands were already full, but when my manager asked me if I can do a “non priority work that need to be done only when I am free”, I accepted that as well. So there goes my free time 😦 I must learn to say ‘no’. As if this wasn’t enough, one of my colleagues resigned last week and few of his responsibilities too fell on me and from next week my another colleague is going for vacation. Need I say more. I am not sure if I will be able to squeeze time to read blogs at work like I am doing now !
3.Babs – Once back home, the first thing I do is to sit in the villa courtyard and watch Babs play with his friends. Meanwhile Raj does the dishes. Later feeding him, playing and dancing with him, reading to him and putting him to bed takes major part of my time at home.
4. Cooking & other house hold chores- After my time with Babs in the courtyard, its daddy and son’s play time and I am in kitchen preparing dinner and doing other house hold chores like grinding batter for Dosa/Idli for the next day’s breakfast, sorting and putting clothes in the machine etc..
5. Socializing – After feeding Babs, we again go out in the courtyard. There are 11 kids in the villa. They play in the courtyard, while the mummies chat, gossip, walk, exercise etc.. 3 days ago we did a running competition too. I felt so good to run after 13 years, last time I ran like that was when I was in school. 🙂
6. Blogging – After putting Babs to bed, I sit for writing a blog post. I open the draft page and start thinking about the topic. I post something in 1-2 hrs and go off to sleep.
7. Tuition- This is something that will keep me busy from the next week actually. I have mentioned earlier that I help a neighbourhood kid in Hindi lessons. He had gone on vacation and will be back next week. His mother had requested me to continue taking the lessons once they are back. She has no knowledge on Hindi and is not able to help her son. So I couldn’t say no to her. I have to give up the socializing time and squeeze in 1 hr in my schedule for this from the next week.
This is my routine work day schedule. Some days cooking is replaced by eating out/home delivery and those days I watch something random on the television 🙂
If you are wondering about weekends, they are of two kinds. Boring weekend is sleeping, cooking, cleaning and playing with Babs. Happy weekend is sleeping, cooking, cleaning, playing with Babs and outing. 🙂