Absolutely agree with each and every word Lauren Nelson has written.
From the facebook comments image she has posted, we can understand the society we live in :
- 16 year old girl is expected to be mature enough to not get drunk.
- 16/17 year old boys are expected to get drunk.
- 16 year old girl is expected to protect her ‘modesty’ even while she is heavily drunk and unconscious.
- 16/17 year old boys when heavily drunk are expected to rape the drunk girl.
- 16 year old girl is a slut when she gets raped when she was drunk and unconscious.
- 16/17 year old boys are poor victims of fate when they are charged for raping the girl.
- 16 year old girl getting drunk shows degradation of social/moral values.
- 16/17 year boys getting drunk, raping, joking about the rape, posting the photos in social network are innocent.
- 16 year old girl should be charged for underage drinking.
- 16/17 year boys involved in underage drinking and rape are wrongly charged and convicted.
- 16 year old girl who got drunk and passed out, in no position to object, was asking for it, is responsible for her rape, is a slut/whore, got what she asked for and did not lose anything.
- 16/17 year old boys who got drunk, did only what most people in their position would have done, are not responsible for what they did, were just stupid to post it in social network , are innocent and wrongfully got their promising career ruined due to biased law.
The following includes descriptions, photos, and video that may serve as a trigger for victims of sexual violence.
Please be advised.
Someone asked me today, “What is ‘rape culture’ anyway? I’m tired of hearing about it.”
Yeah, I hear ya. I’m tired of talking about it. But I’m going to keep talking about it because people like you keep asking that question.
Rape culture is when a group of athletes rape a young girl, and though there are dozens of witnesses, no one says, “Stop.”
Rape culture is when a group of athletes rape a young girl, and though there are dozens of witnesses, they can’t get anyone to come forward.
Rape culture is when a group of athletes rape a young girl, and adults are informed of it, but no consequences are doled out because the boys “said nothing happened.”
Rape culture is when a group…
View original post 1,115 more words